First off, I’d like to thank the academy. Wait, is this thing on?
I have, for some reason, been called inspiring once again. And apparently there’s some sort of award for it. Or, at least, some sort of old-timey websticker thingy with a bunch of curly cues and a quill. Because apparently, Ye Olden Days were inspiring.
SIDENOTE: Where’s my award for most stunning pictures ever on a blog? Or, fastest runner on the Internet? Or, most graceful person in the whole wide world?
Honestly, I don’t get what’s so inspiring about my blog. All I write about is reality TV, celebrity gossip and crap I shove down my pie-hole. Mostly it’s a place to brag about my undeservedly awesome life. If you aspire to be a spoiled brat, then yes, you’ve come to the right place.
BUT, in the interest of content, I’ll play along. Just don’t make it a habit, blogosphere. (wait, does this come with a cash prize of some sort? Because it is entirely possible to buy my gratitude.)
This is, apparently, how it’s supposed to work (of course, I’ll probably mess this up completely):
1. Link back to the blogger(s) who nominated you. – OK, that’s easy. That would be the far too kind Southwest Adventurer. Her blog is chock full of gorgeous pictures of desert-y (not to be confused with dessert-y) things that make me want to go scrambling over Hueco Tanks looking for pictographs.
2. Post the award image to your page. Here it is!
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. — Oh geeze. I feel like that’s all I do on here is share facts about myself. Let’s see….
- I have not bought milk or cereal in years.
- My favorite word is “wanderlust.”
- I cannot play any instruments or sing, but I got mad skillz on the dance floor. In fact, I was a professional can-can dancer at a melodrama theater in my younger days.
- I have not had a cold or otherwise been sick since July 2011. (I’m sure I just jinxed that one).
- The fact that e-books have overtaken real books makes me incredibly sad. I used to love seeing what other people were reading and would often chose my next book that way.
- I’ve been told I look like Molly Ringwald. Especially when I was in high school and especially when the Breakfast Club came out.
- I use far too many Ziploc bags (I always have at least four different sizes on hand at all times) and paper towels (kitchen towels smell gross).
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it. – Now this is starting to feel like work, y’all.
http://thecribline.com/ – My real estate guru, now available for all of DC. Seriously, if it wasn’t for him, I don’t think XFE would have taken the plunge and bought our house.
http://cardigansandcouture.blogspot.com/ – Twin sisters on opposite coasts writing about fashion. Katie was a huge help and cheerleader when I started my blog. She has pretty excellent taste in clothes and friends.
http://maddieuncensored.tumblr.com/ – Suri better watch her ass. Maddie’s gunning for funniest blogger under 10 years of age.
www.mytravelingtroop.com/ – Former colleague and military wife currently living in one of my dream places, Singapore. Hey Kristina, it’s on the short-list of destinations for next year’s big trip.
http://annewoodman.wordpress.com/ – Writing by the Numbers. A fellow runner who’s writing her first novel, with takes major guts and discipline. I’m good on guts but sorely lacking on discipline.
www.eggton.com – A fellow “active sleeper” who’s a hilarious storyteller and ties in easy recipes and adorable dog pictures. Pretty much the perfect blogging formula
http://gorgeousshinythings.blogspot.com/ – A girl who likes pretty decorative things and cusses. Sign me up.
www.runningoffthereeses.com/– A fellow Texan, fellow reluctant runner, fellow accident-prone klutz. It’s like we were separated at birth. Except she has a cute French Bulldog and I have an obese Calico.
http://smittenkitchen.com/ – Straight up food porn. Amazing photos. Lots and lots of brownies.
www.thebittenword.com – Speaking of food, I stumbled upon these DC home-chefs while searching for Momofuku’s Crack Pie. I’ve been addicted to them ever since.
http://philfactor.blogspot.com – He hasn’t been posting as much lately, but man, he’s funny when he does.
griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/ – Another food blog. I know, I have a problem. But this guy is all about the BBQ and a fellow Big Green Egg devotee. He’s even made desserts on it!
http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/ – Another DC style blogger. She’s fabulous. Fun, practical, affordable style.
www.thechicagolifeblog.com/ – These girls have a bit of everything on their frequently updated site: fashion, decorating and some pretty awesome recipes. Total lifestyle effort.
So thanks to Southwest Adventurer. I really do appreciate it and I hope lots of people go over and check out your blog. Now, I’ve got to go notify these 15 blogs that I’m inspired by them.