- Well played, Ellen and Portia. Well. Played.
- A male TV host wore the same suit every day for a year and no one noticed. I’ve conducted a similar experiment here at Poe Industries during this week’s artic asskicking. I’ve worn the same Uggs-yoga-pants-woolly-cardigan combo every day and so far, my co-worker and head of HR Petunia Potpie seems not to really care.
- November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month, so use this handy dandy Petfinder link to check out your nearest shelter and pick out an older pet. They’re already house trained, much lazier than some spry young up, and much more prone to lay around and cuddle with you. Sorry, Petunia’s already taken.
- As someone who lives only one metro stop from Reagan National Airport right outside Washington D.C., I was aware of some of the air restrictions that exist over D.C., but a nuclear facility near Amarillo, Texas. Who knew?? The fine folks at Mentalfloss, that’s who.
- Speaking of D.C., here’s a metro restaurant map from Thrillist. Much more fun than the regular station names of Judiciary Square and Metro Center.
- I’m Norwegian. Well, sort of. Like, from the way-way-way-way back. So I’m taking a lot of personal pleasure from the fact that, according to CityLab, “Norway’s New Passports Are Designed to Make Every Other Country Feel Inferior.” It is pretty sleek and elegant and gorgeous and I totally want one.