I’m frolicking in Naples, Italy right now, eating all of the thin crust pizza, and pasta, and creamy pastries, and just fried everything I can get my sticky little fingers on while my travel-buddy-for-life XFE actually works. Maybe the guys who make the expandable suitcase below could branch out into some expandable pants in time for my return.
In the meantime:
- I’m only slightly alarmed that so many of these buildings shaped like food are in the U.S. And you could practically make a fruit salad. Albeit, a very large one that would chip a giant’s tooth. (Atlas Obscura)
- Someone posted this Buzzfeed list on my friend Caroline’s Facebook page, and so I just went and hijacked it because that’s what sassy folks do. Also: “Filters are for Instagram” is now my new personal life mantra.
- Speaking of filters, check out this fascinating Diply post on how cats see the world differently from humans, complete with photo examples.
- My alma mater The University of Texas at Austin lost around 100 human brain specimens back in the 1990s. They turned up this week at UT San Antonio. This is the part where I make a joke about having left my brains at UT, but that seems a bit hacky.
- But, if you’re looking for a romantic Christmas gift, may I recommend the book mentioned in this Verge article on the brain theft/re-emergence: Malformed: Forgotten Brains of the Texas State Mental Hospital by Adam Voorhes and Alex Hannaford. Sounds like a real barnburner.
- I just don’t know when you would use this inflatable suitcase, but I love the promotional video. That Adrian Grenier-looking dude could be the next Trivago guy.
- This makes me immeasurably happy and even teary-eyed. There are lots of places where you can donate to support and save elephants. Since visiting South Africa in March, I’ve become a fan of this one, which supports anti-poaching teams. A donation makes a really great Christmas gift. Better than a book about missing brains? I say yes.
One thought on “Friday Links: Sassy Cats See Buildings Shaped Like Food and/or Brains Edition”
The sassy list Kerry put on my wall is amazing!