To quote some crazy dude in Japan’s Revolutionary Alliance of Men That Woman Are Not Attracted To: “The blood-soaked conspiracy of Valentine’s Day, driven by the oppressive chocolate capitalists, has arrived once again.”
I really couldn’t have said it better myself. Although, I do confess a certain fondness for chocolate capitalists.
Some links to help spread the love:
- One of the reasons that my man-panion XFE and I aren’t feeling the love is because we got caught up in the United Airlines first class mistake fare debacle earlier this week. We jumped on it and booked flights from London to South Africa in October, only to be told later that day that United would not be honoring their mistake. Womp womp.
- Meet the most vitriolic Valentine’s Day haters around the world. Thank you, Quartz.
- I was unfamiliar with The Dying Scene, a news website for “punks, by punks,” but they have an excellent roundup of 13 Punk Songs About Heartbreak To Celebrate Anti-Valentines Day. I gotta go with the Clash’s “Train in Vain.” Classic. Just playing it right now might have started a Friday morning dance party here at Poe Communications and Injection Molding International LLC Corp.
- Along those same lines, Styleite has 10 Best Anti-Valentine’s Day movies to watch this weekend. Heathers is in my top 3 favorite movies of all time. “Real life sucks losers dry. If you wanna fuck with the eagles, gotta learn how to fly.” Love it.
- I’m not sure where The Broken Cookie Bakery and Coffee House is located, but I dig their “No Thanks” Valentine’s Day cookies. I especially like the “You’ll Do,” one. Also, obviously, the “Future Cat Lady” ones.
- I’m not sure if this “36 Things I Know After 36 Years of Marriage,” will convince anyone that marriage is fun. Sounds like a hell of a lot of work. But anyone who’s been in a long-term relationship already knows that. There are some good relationship truths in here, whether you’re married or not.
- Let’s end on a non-bitter note. This Android commercial of unlikely animal friends made me pretty gushy the other night. The bird feeding pasta to the dog? I mean.